You can visit the Doctors’ Choice website without telling us who you are. Particular sections of this website may ask you to send Doctors’ Choice personal information or messages, including your name, phone number and contact email address. You are under no obligation to provide Doctors’ Choice with these details, except to the extent that you wish to access the services provided by the Doctors’ Choice website.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Specifically, at different times, Doctors’ Choice may collect all or some of the following information from its website:
2.1 Statistical Information
Doctors’ Choice collects statistical information regarding the use of its website. This collection includes:
- your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet: usually one of your internet service provider’s machines)
- the date and time of your visit
- the address of the pages accessed and any documents downloaded.
This information is collected to provide Doctors’ Choice with information about the use of its website and to help it maintain and develop the website to provide better information to users.
You can prevent this collection of information by disabling your web browser from accepting cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing the Doctors’ Choice website; however it may prevent you from utilising all the features in the Doctors’ Choice website.
2.3 Requested Personal Information
You may be requested to provide Doctors’ Choice with personal information including your name, phone number and contact email address so that we can contact you or send you further information about Doctors’ Choice. Personal information will only be requested if it is necessary to provide a service to you.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
Doctors’ Choice will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of information provided by a user to the Doctors’ Choice website for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection (a 'secondary purpose'), except to the extent:
- that the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and that you would reasonably expect Doctors’ Choice to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose;
- that you have consented to the use of the information for the secondary purpose;
- that information provided by you, including information relating to transactions, may appear in aggregate form for the purpose of providing statistical information within Doctors’ Choice or to third parties. This information will not identify you;
- necessary in order to enforce any of the terms of an agreement between you and Doctors’ Choice;
- that Doctors’ Choice has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
- required or specifically authorised by law; and
- provided in co-operation with any governmental authority.
4. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Where Doctors’ Choice collects information from you, we will provide you with access to your information at your request except to the extent that:
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information relates to existing legal dispute resolution proceedings between you and Doctors’ Choice, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
Where information about you is found to be incorrect, incomplete or out of date, Doctors’ Choice will correct, update, erase or amend the information as appropriate.
5. LINKS FROM THIS SITE
By using the Doctors’ Choice website you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure. Doctors’ Choice will use its best endeavours to secure your personal information but cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of personal information. By accessing the Doctors’ Choice website, you acknowledge that Doctors’ Choice will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
8. FEEDBACK AND QUESTIONS
9. PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
In the unlikely event you have a complaint regarding privacy, please contact our Complaints Officer by any of the following means:
|Phone:||1800 DRS CHOICE / 1800 377 246|
|Mail:||Suite 19/23 Mill Point Rd, SOUTH PERTH WA 6151|
We will handle privacy complaints in accordance with our formal complaints handling procedures. We are committed to dealing with all complaints fairly and efficiently and will respond to you with a decision within 10 business days.
If you are not satisfied with our response and wish to pursue the matter further, you can refer a written complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). For information about complaints to the OAIC, please refer to www.privacy.gov.au/complaints. You can also seek assistance from the OAIC on 1300 363 992 or via email to email@example.com.